Terms and Conditions
By booking a class with Joanne Powley Pilates either through online booking app or directly with us, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as set out below.
We want you to enjoy and benefit from your Pilates classes. The terms and conditions below are set out to help you do this and to safe-guard our classes.
By booking your Pilates class you will receive from us:
- Expert, experienced teaching from fully qualified Pilates teachers.
- Easy to use online booking (currently Debenham only)
- The benefit of our courtesy carry-over class facility.
- Equipment use at the venues.
For hygiene and comfort reasons, we ask you to bring their own mat to class.
Payments, Cancellations & Refunds
Bookings made through the Bookfit app are final, no refunds or exchanges can be given, so please be sure of your purchase.
Your class/ 6 week block is not confirmed until we have received payment from you. If you choose to pay by card, cheque or cash, your place is only secure once we have received payment.
All six-week blocks of the Evolve™ Programme, including Corporate and Aqua Pilates classes, once booked, are non-refundable, non-changeable and not transferable to another person.
These terms are applicable to everyone in all circumstances. Thank you for your understanding.
If you need more information, please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07923382272
Absence and our Courtesy Carry-Over Class Policy
- If you are going to be absent from your class for more than one week, please let us know in advance, or we will wonder what has happened to you.
- We run a courtesy ‘carry-over class’ policy for our 6-week programmes, which means that if you are ill, kept at work, or on holiday and miss one of your classes, we will reduce your next 6-week block payment by 1 class value.
This is a courtesy arrangement and we are one of the few organisations that offer such a facility. We ask you only to make use of it if you really need to miss a class.
- I understand that my teacher is a qualified and insured Pilates class teacher.
- I understand that Joanne Powley Pilates is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of my personal belongings while I attend class.
- I will tell the teacher of anything painful / unusual I experience in the class and between classes.
- I will stop doing the exercise if I or s/he thinks I need to, or follow the alternatives my teacher gives me.
- I understand my teacher may offer me professional advice relating to my ability to exercise and s/he may consider it unprofessional to continue to teach me if I do not wish to follow that advice.
- I will keep my teacher updated on any changes in my medical condition.
- I understand that all exercise carries a risk and I voluntarily participate in Joanne Powley Pilates classes with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. I agree that neither I, my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against Joanne Powley Pilates or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
- If you are struggling with anything in your class, have any problems or concerns, do please let us know as soon as you can, and we will do our best to help.
- We reserve the right to change the advertised teacher if the teacher is unavailable due to illness or unforeseen circumstances. No money will be refunded if the class teacher changes.
- If there are not enough people booked into the class to run it for the 6-week block, we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund will be given to you.
We work in venues that do not belong to us and try to make the studios safe as we can, but your belongings are left in the studios at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for anything lost or stolen.
If you think you have left something in any of the studios, do let us know and we will endeavour to find it for you or you can contact these venues directly to ask them if they have seen your property.
By making your payment you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions – thank you